Sunday, May 04, 2008

You Can't Make This Stuff Up 050408

Talk about the Deep End.

Hey folks,

Now I know we all have our own ways of raising our children. When some Parents want to teach their kids to swim, they find and pay for swimming lessons. Some teach them themselves, and some just throw their kids into the deep end and watch to see if they sink or swim.

Many things are like this. We all differ from one another on how we best see raising our kids. Some send them to public schools, some home school. Some send them to camp in the summers and some keep them home.

But then you have some that do things that nearly EVERY other Parent just scratch their heads and some things will cause people to get involved. I do agree that Parents, short of abuse, have to have the final say on how they raise their children.

But THIS? Reuters - Video

OK, this just bothers me. They claim that no injuries have been had, nor has any accidents have happened. But uh, THROWING your child off a 15 meter high tower? Talk about throwing them in the deep end. But I guess they have been doing this for 500 years. Sorry folks, I think I'll pass on this one.
Peter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got to wonder who the witch doctor was who started the practice and why.
Doubt it was for the kids.
If a parent refuses what happens to them?
500 years and no accidents . . ya right.

Peter said...

I was wondering that also.

"If a parent refuses what happens to them?"

But then again, if this is all you know, generations after generations doing this, you just accept that you will to. I guess.

Yes, I doubt that claim. 500 years without an accident? Reason and logic would state otherwise.
Peter