Sunday, May 25, 2008

IWA for Sunday 052508

Not a Fan But,

Hey folks,

I do not mean to offend anyone here, I’m just stating fact. I am a HUGH music fan. I really am. From Bluegrass, Rhythm and Blues, Rock, Pop, even some New Age Stuff, all the way to the Heavy Stuff. Nothing like good Classical and Piano pieces. But try as hard as I have tried, I just cannot do Country. Seriously. I cannot stand Country Music.

So needless to say, I did not watch the ACM this past Weekend, but I did catch this after. According to the AP- Chesney after ACM win: Fan votes shouldn't decide By JOHN GEROME, AP Entertainment Writer Mon May 19, 12:50 AM ET

Kenny Chesney won entertainer of the year for a fourth straight time Sunday, then promptly took issue with the way the Academy of Country music awarded the honor: through fan votes.

For the first time in the show's 43 years, the top prize — traditionally decided by ACM members — was determined through online voting. With the win, Chesney ties Garth Brooks and trails only Alabama, which won five in a row.

Chesney said immediately backstage that he thought fans should be included, just not by voting for the show's most important award.

“The entertainer of the year trophy is supposed to represent heart and passion and an amazing amount of sacrifice, commitment and focus,” he said. “That's the way Garth won it four times, that's the way I won it, that's the way (George) Strait won it, Reba (McEntire), Alabama all those years. That's what it's supposed to represent.”

He said his complaint is directed at the industry, not the fans — and that the method amounted to “complete disrespect” of the artists, saying the academy turned the award “into a sweepstakes to see who can push people's buttons the hardest on the Internet.”


You Sir, are an Idiot. If it were NOT for the fans, you would not be receiving ANY awards. This is why I no longer watch the Emmys. It is NOT about what your peers say. At least it shouldn’t be. It SHOULD be about the fans.

This is the way it should be, and pretty much is, in ANY business. The CUSTOMERS are those that decide if you make it or not. The Professional Entertainment business that I feel really follows this method the best is Pro-Wrestling.

You have hundreds of people trying to be Superstars. But you only have a handful that actually make it. The Hulk Hogans, Stone Cold Steve Austins, and The Rock, are far and few between. But in the Pro-Wrestling business, you are made or broke by the fans. If they love you, or love to hate you, you become a Superstar. If not, you be come nothing. You may be around a few years but then you just disappear.

What Chesney just said is “complete disrespect” to the fans. Those that MADE him. Carrie Underwood gets it.

Carrie Underwood also took home her second consecutive female vocalist trophy.

“I know I don't deserve it, but I'll take it,” Underwood said. “Fans got me everything I have, and I owe everything to you.”

So does LeVox, whoever he is.

LeVox disagreed with Chesney about the night's top honor, saying he hoped it the fans continued to choose.

“It's about time,” he said, calling fans “the reason that all three of us have jobs.”

ABSOLUTELY!

Congratulations to you Mr. Chesney, for slapping the fans that made you in the face, you ARE getting another one. You ARE the IDIOT of the Week. You Sir no longer deserve the fans support.
Peter

Sources:
AP- Chesney after ACM win: Fan votes shouldn't decide

No comments: