Sunday, March 30, 2008

You Can’t Make This Stuff Up 033008

De-stress by laying in grave

Hey folks

What do you do to de-stress yourself? I use to go to the gym. I now go for a walk. I find a quiet place and be alone for a bit. I have to admit, I never really thought of THIS. According to Reuters - German vicar offers stress relief in grave

A vicar {a vicar is the representative of any ecclesiastic} in Germany who had the novel idea of helping parishioners escape the stresses and strains of daily life by letting them lie in an open grave was upset when intrusive journalists spoiled the atmosphere.

"I meant it as a meditative exercise," pastor Thorsten Nolting told Reuters. "I wanted people to think about what weighs on them down in the darkness and gather the energy to resist it."

Nolting, from the western German city of Duesseldorf, said his plan went "horribly wrong" when journalists' persistent questioning as parishioners were "laid to rest" earlier this week ruined the serenity of the occasion.

"It wasn't silent, as it should have been. They ruined it. (They) would not go away, even when I asked them," he said.

Uh, Pastor Nolting, you seem a little stressed there, maybe you should lay down. {Smile}

Extraverts who could cope with the incessant questioning were happy to climb down into the two metre long hole, and then rave about their "resurrection", Nolting said.

But a local newspaper said one man was still shaking, 20 minutes after his seven-minute spell in the dank grave ended.

OK. That just falls into my OK category. You know, when there really is no explanation and no way to truly respond to something you just heard or seen. OK.

Folks, you can lay in an open grave if you chose. I think I will continue to de-stress ABOVE ground. Thank you very much.

Be right back
Peter


Sources:
Reuters- German vicar offers stress relief in grave

No comments: