Sunday, March 16, 2008

You Can’t Make This Stuff Up 031608

Ashley Alexandra Dupré

Hey folks,

The next Britney Spears? No. She will be bigger than Britney Spears. Mark my words. Note it on your calender. Today, Sunday, March 16, 2008. I’m telling you folks, Ashley Alexandra Dupré will be a mega star.

About 84 hours after the story broke, around 48 hours after former Gov. Elliot Spitzer resigned, Ashley Alexandra Dupré is selling music. On the cover of all the news outlets. Paper, TV, Internet, and even on the radio. Stories like “You, Me, and Dupre.” “His fall, her rise.” ETC. She is all over the place.

A local radio show down here in South Florida, The Jim DeFede Show played her music on Friday. He was commented on the fact, as long as you can get passed the REASON she has been discovered, you have to admit, “She is better than Britney Spears.” She really is. She has a great voice. But you also have to remember, she is a Hooker. Does anyone care?

I know that some will see this, and some will play it, that she was working as a high price call girl just to survive while trying to make it in the Music Industry. Some will say that this does not make her a bad person. Just using what she had to make it. Some will argue that she is nothing but a Hooker. A Skank that makes her not worthy to become some kind of role model for young girls across the country. She has no business influencing young girls to do whatever it takes to “Make It.”

Her own words?

“I am all about my music, and my music is all about me… It flows from what I’ve been through, what I’ve seen and how I feel. I live in New York and am on top of the world. Been here since 2004 and I love this city, I love my life here. But, my path has not been easy. When I was 17, I left home. It was my decision and I’ve never looked back. Left my hometown. Left a broken family. Left abuse. Left an older brother who had already split. Left and learned what it was like to have everything, and lose it, again and again. Learned what it was like to wake up one day and have the people you care about most gone. I have been alone. I have abused drugs. I have been broke and homeless. But, I survived, on my own. I am here, in NY because of my music. It started when I moved in with a musician during my odyssey to New York. One day, I was in the shower singing “respect.” He and his lead guitarist burst in, had me repeat it and it started. We wrote, rehearsed and toured. After recording a bit with them, I decided to move to Manhattan to pursue my music career. I spent the first two years getting to know the music scene, networking in clubs and connecting with the industry. Now, it’s all about my music. It’s all about expressing me. I can sit here now, and knowingly tell you that life’s hard sometimes. But, I made it. I’m still here and I love who I am. If I never went through the hard times, I would not be able to appreciate the good ones. Cliché, yes, but I know it’s true. I have experienced just how hard it can be. I can honestly tell you to never dwell on the past, but build from it and keep moving forward. Don’t let anyone hold you back or tell you that you can’t…because you can. I didn’t and here I am, just listen to it…. What we Want is my latest track. It’s really about trust, something my past has made very difficult for me to feel. This one was inspired by a guy, who taught me not to confuse my dreams with the sounds of the city…I hope you like.”

My HONEST opinion? In the long run, nobody is going to care about this. Nobody will care that she use to be a Hooker. In our society today, that’s no big deal. The fact that she did Spitzer, now she is a big star, not based on her music and abilities, but because she brought down a powerful and well dis-liked Governor of New York, all the better for her.

She has already sold like 3 million plus downloads of her songs at between .98 cents to now about $1.68 a pop. Do the math. She is GUARANTEED to have a recording contract with a major label. She has already most likely made Millions. Between her music, the tabloids, the interviews she has and will be giving. Watch, she will be all over the place for a while. Watch for her to appear on MTV, VH1, ETC. Most likely Playboy. Watch for a story to come out about her life. This one may be big enough to make, not just some TV movie, but hit the big screen. Someone is writing it as we speak.

You know, one has to wonder. I may be the only one asking this. But, is it at least within the possibility that SHE is the one that made the phone call? Seriously. Think about it. She is not in jail right now. She is not even charged with anything yet. But yet, the Governor is gone. She is a BIG STAR and rising. Hmm?

ANY way you chose to look at this, Ashley Alexandra Dupré is here to stay. Get use to it.
Peter

Sources:
850WFTL- The Jim DeFede Show
Ashley Alexandra Dupré
NYP - Gov Hooker Can Bare All

No comments: