Tuesday, December 29, 2009

History of Islamic Attacks, Chosen People Question Answered

Comment Section goes Mainstream

Hey folks,

We will get to the Energy Front Tomorrow. I feel this to be a bit more important to visit today. It's going to take a bit to explain my comment to Peter, who seemed to have become offended when I used the statement "Chosen People" when I refereed to the Jews. He seemed to already become offended by another, "Irish Godfather," who left a comment prior. So I will attempt to explain my comment and the point to the entire Article posted Tuesday, December 15, 2009 Terrorists, Good Muslims or Bad Muslims?

Now I have gotten what I expected to get. I even got some upset at what they saw as me calling all Muslims Bad. Some wondered privately, what Peter asked openly, how do I say Jews are the Chosen People of God. Especially since I am a Christian. So, I chose to do what I have done a few times in the past, take the Comment Section Mainstream and attempt to answer and expound on my original point.

Now the whole reason for writing the article was this. It was to point out the hypocrisy of the Mainstream Media, who were simply ATTACKING Lieberman for saying he was going to Vote against Obamacare. How they did it was not based on his actual STATEMENTS on the reason for his opposition, not the actual FACTS of what was and IS in the Bill, but it was Liberal Playbook, page one, Chapter 2. Attack the PERSON. Attack his Religious Beliefs. Attempt to shame him into going along with the program. The MMD, {Mainstream Media Drones, who simply report whatever they are told to} saw nothing offensive nor wrong with questioning his Faith. They saw nothing wrong with asking the question "Is Lieberman a Good Jew or a Bad Jew." It is the same tactic that they use all the time whenever someone who is Conservative, or a Christian, screws up in anyway whatsoever. They attack the entire Religion, and or, the entire belief system of ALL Conservatives, and or Christians. Someone attacks America, kills 3000 innocent Americans, and we can NOT question THEIR Religion? Get the point?

My point is this. Since 1783 off the coast of, what is now Libya, Muslims regularly attacked American ships of commerce using the same tactics as they do today, Ransom, Beheading, Pillaging, and antagonism to peaceful commerce UNLESS the "Tax" was paid to the Muslim Caliph.

Hostages taken at the U.S. Embassy in Tehran 1979, May 1981 Threats from Libya, April 18, 1983 Bombing of U.S. Embassy in Beirut, Oct. 23, 1983 Bombing of Marine barracks in Beirut, Dec. 12, 1983 Bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait, March 16, 1984 CIA Station Chief William Buckley kidnapped, Sept. 20, 1984 Bombing of U.S. Embassy annex northeast of Beirut, Dec. 3, 1984 Hijacking of Kuwait Airways Flight 221, June 14, 1985 Hijacking of TWA Flight 847, October 1985 - January 1986 Hijacking of cruise ship Achille Lauro; Bombing of Rome, Vienna airports, April 5, 1986 Bombing of La Belle Discotheque, December 21, 1988 Bombing of Pan Am Flight 103, 1993 World Trade Center bombing, 1998 United States embassy bombings and USS Cole bombing in 2000, 9/11, November 5, 2009 Fort Hood, December 25, 2009, North American Flight 253. Just to name a few, ALL professing Islam. Yet, it is frowned upon to question Islam. This Administration will not even use the word Terrorists that freely. Nor will they dare link Muslims to Terrorists. Although, the history and the FACTS are clear. Yet, question the Christian Faith or one's Jewish Faith, well, that's just fine, because they are ignorant boobs anyway.

So to show the hypocrisy, I asked, "Terrorists, Good Muslims or Bad Muslims?" Irish Godfather said this.

"There may be good Muslims out there but it's getting very hard to find them among the terrorist Muslims and my guns won't look for a difference if it ever comes to that.."

In which Peter replied this way.

"Wow. I assume "irishgodfather" is Irish. Do you know the history of oppression of your (mine, too) people? To wish that kind of blind hatred on any people is simply ignorant. But why expect more from an Irishman? And.. I thought people killed people, not guns. I wish you gun people could get it right. I think my guns don't discern among stupid people... if it ever comes to that."

Me: "Hey Peter,

Welcome to the OPNTalk Blog. Glad you stopped by.

I'll let Irish Godfather speak for himself. He is not shy. {Smile} But what I took his comment to mean is that he doesn't care WHAT anyone is. If they are terrorists, that is what they are, and he will not take time out to ask questions if they come a calling for him or his own. Neither would I.

However, YOUR comment here proves EXACTLY what my point was. David Gibson of Politics Today, was asking, in an attempt to SHAME Joe Lieberman into Voting for Obamacare, if he was truly following his Religion. Good Jew or Bad Jew. Kinda reminded me of someone talking about a Dog. Good dog or bad dog. My point was that's offensive and WAY out of bounds.

Now I like Joe. I do not agree with many of his Views on Politics, but I appreciate the fact he DOES stand up for what he believes in no matter what. I, unlike this Administration, AM friends of the Jews. I both respect them and believe that they ARE God's Chosen People that have been more repressed and prosecuted than ANY other group of people in history regardless of the reason.

So when I asked the question, are terrorist Good Muslims or Bad Muslims, I got what I figured I would get. Even in the Emails I got some telling me that my question is Racist, and they should not be surprised since I'm a Conservative Christian. {Which means in some people's warped and ignorant mind, that I am a Racist, bigoted, Chauvinistic, Homophobes. Which couldn't be farther from the truth. But that's the Lib Playbook. Page one, chapter 2.}

However, questioning Joe's Jewish Faith, Mitt Romney's Mormonism, or ANY ONE'S Christian Faith, is just hunky dory. Reasonable even, for the well being of the future of the Country. Yet Muslims? Even though EVERY attack on America has been conducted by those professing Islam. Yet we can not question their faith, that would be intolerant. Right?"


Then Peter claimed that I did not post his response. Not true, I never got it, so I told him to resubmit it and I would make sure it posted. He did. Here it is. With my response to him added in.

"I'll try to replicate my previous comment that never showed up. It went something like this:"

Thank you for re-posting it. Like I said, I do not censor. The only posts I do not allow is Spam. I'm not sure what happened to your original, but thank you for taking the time to resubmit.

"First, the is no such thing as good Muslims or bad Muslims or good Jews or bad Jews or good Christians or bad. There are simply PEOPLE who commit bad deeds."

I agree with you to a point. However, when you have a history like we have involving one specific group of people, we have to at least look into one possible motivation. It is not Christians or Jews going around blowing up innocent people on a recurring bases over hundreds of years. It IS Muslims. Now, I'm sure that there are many who feel Islam is peaceful. Yet we do not see any of those Peaceful Muslims pointing out the Evil and the wrong that those committing these acts of Terror are in. Yet, it is taboo and not PC to question if their Faith plays a role in these attacks?

"Until we can learn to live without these silly labels (Chosen People!??) we will never know peace. Until we can get beyond assuming some people are better than others (Chosen People!?? - this implies some people are NOT chosen; See?)"

Their not. I'll get into this in a bit. Just like it is NOT a fact that we are all Children of God. We are all God's Creation. But we are NOT all Children of God.

"we will always know conflict."

As long as there are those that wish to rule over all, yes we will.

"By treating people differently, then giving them special status you instantly create resentment. (This line of giving certain peoples special treatment always seemed odd to me - especially coming from conservatives. It's such a NON-conservative thing to do. It's just such a fundamental principle of the right to discourage entitlements, special treatment, to support a free market and in general to have government stay out of the way.) It's another one of those conflicts of this line of thinking."

Hmm, Special treatment based on Skin Color? Like Affirmative Action? Like forbidding one to question one Faith while attacking another? I agree with you. But that is more Liberal than Conservative. I have said, MANY times. If we are to have TRUE equality, we must treat all EQUALLY. The good, bad, and yes, even the ugly.

"Now for your final paragraph. This about sums it all up, doesn't it? Where to begin? I, personally, question EVERY faith - even my own! If you don't, you are merely blind - and ignorant. How can you learn ANYTHING without questioning? And to imply that Islam isn't questioned is preposterous. Ever watch the news? How about listen to AM radio? Religions have always raised more questions than they have answered. Religion by nature is a series of questions and leaps. Only you have the answers in your heart."

I agree with you here as well. I have written about and discussed many times over the years that there is a MAJOR difference in personal Faith, and Man-Made Traditions called Religion. I feel STRONGLY, that one must be careful, and YES, indeed question ANY Man-Made Tradition.

My own personal litmus test, if you will, is the Bible. If it is NOT in God's Word, I do not follow it. If some one tells me that I can not eat meat on Friday, drinking any amount of alcohol is a Sin, wearing Red is the evil, or killing people who do not believe as I do is Righteous, then I chose to follow God and not man. I chose to follow Jesus. I chose to believe in HIS words. I do not hold judgement over anyone for how they chose to believe or live, that is between them and whatever, or no, god they chose to accept. I will talk to them about God all day long if they ask. However, in the end, the choices we make in life are our own. I am guilty of enough to condemn me, yet thought the grace of God I am Saved from that. So why should I condemn another? I do not. I chose to see more importance in the one on one Relationship with God, than I do Religion. Many Religions have Dark Periods. Some more so than others. It is when Man chooses to act on his translations of what he THINKS God says, and NOT follow what God actually does say.

"And finally. EVERY attack on America has been conducted by those professing Islam? I hadn't realized Timothy McVeigh was a Muslim."

I'll give you THAT one. Although there are many that claim he was converted during Desert Storm, and that he had help by Muslim Terrorist, I have found no serious concrete PROOF of that. But he WAS a sympathizer. THAT is well documented. None of the rest of you examples are attacks on America. They may be the works of the evils of man's heart, which is evil continuously, but not the topic at hand.

As for me being Xenophobic? Nope. I love people of all nationalities, religions, and backgrounds. I have attended and hosted many "World Summit Dinners" where people representing the entire world was in attendance. I have no problem with, and fully understand WHY, so many people want to come here. Come here LEGALLY and attempt to become part of, this, the greatest Country on the face of the planet, I welcome you with open arms. Come here to steal, kill, and destroy, and yes, sorry, I will fight you to the death. BIG DIFFERENCE!

OK. Jews are God's chosen people. That is just a simple fact. God has always shown us great things, by using the least. Many wonder why God Chose the Jews, I personally feel that it is because they ARE the most oppressed people in history. All the way up to today. There is a vast difference in being a Jew, and following Judaism. You can be a Jew, and not be Jewish. You can be anything, and join any religion, but the Jews are a RACE of people. From the beginning. Jesus was a Jew. Born into the Jewish family of Mary and Joseph. Son of a Carpenter who became a Rabbi. It was be the Jews rejecting him, that Salvation was opened to all. That does not change the fact, that even though most of the Jews at the time rejected him, they were God's Chosen. Out of the least, came the Greatest.

The Simplicity of God's plan is astonishing. However, it is in that very simplicity that Mankind gets so lost. It is Man that complicates things by corrupting that simplicity into a bunch of rules and regulations, do's and don'ts, traditions set forth to attempt to make one "FEEL" more righteous or closer to God. Then, in all these traditions set forth by Man, we see time and time again, that Man CHANGES an incorruptible God, into the image of corruptible Man. "Do this or God will condemn you to Hell" Which by the way, is not in the Bible either. "Give us all your money, or else." "Kill the infidels." ETC. God has made it simple for ALL to find him. All to accept HIS plan. It is Man that complicates it.

I will not bow before a statue. I will not pray to this Saint or that Saint. I will not pray in vain repetitions. I will not become a Vegetarian. I will not refrain from wearing cloths I like, drinking an occasional glass of Wine or having a Beer here or there. I will not fast because someone tells me to. I will not condemn someone else. I will not kill innocent people. I will question any Religion that tells me I should. I WILL follow Jesus the Christ. I WILL follow, to the best of my ability, what God says. Not Man. I WILL attempt to be accepting of all, until they give me a reason not to. I will NOT judge how others live their lives, unless they are attempting to take mine. Or unless they are attempting to FORCE me to live theirs. Sorry, but it really is not that complicated. Good is Good. Evil is Evil. You are either with God, or you are against Him.
Peter

Sources:
PBS- Terrorist Attacks on Americas
Islamic Terror
Attacks on American Soil

7 comments:

Peter said...

There are so many contradictions and un-truths in your most recent comment I won't waste any more time with this. But I cannot let this particular passage go.

"OK. Jews are God's chosen people. That is just a simple fact."

Do you know what a FACT is? Because some guy wrote a story and then that story was interpreted by monks centuries later, it's a FACT? One story. No cross reference. No corroboration. Re-written over and over again thru the centuries. Can't be proven. Don't even know who the author was. Judah, Judges, Samuel, Kings and Deuteronomy all written to justify the centralization of royal and priestly power under Josiah. It's really all about political power. Amazing how the more things change the more they stay the same. Has nothing to do with spirituality. It's about a land grab and who controls that land.

You can only argue that you BELIEVE in the book of Dueteronomy and it's content. A FACT??? This is why I am done with you. You and your kind will continue to bring down humankind with your continued spread of hatred and intolerance. And please don't say, "well, the liberals push hatred, too....blah, blah, blah." Well, screw them, too. You are all the same. The rest of us will just have to deal with you (and by "you" I mean all people who hold their beliefs as the only true belief - or fact. And that goes for ALL people) the best we can. I guess that's called tolerance and in the end it's what our hearts are calling for. And in the end it's what will drown you and the ilk out.

May you find your way. Peace, Pete.

Peter said...

PS. I just want you to understand. This is soooo frustrating. You can say something over and over (like Cheney saying "we kept America safe" over and over even tho 9-11 happened on his watch), but it doesn't make it a FACT. It just makes it a lie over and over.

By saying there is only one way to "salvation" (whatever that means) you are excluding two-thirds of humans. Two-thirds of the world. That's about 5 BILLION people.

Your words mean something. You cannot exclude whole peoples. You cannot, as fact, discount them. They (we, I) will not, EVER, accept your word if you cant' learn to INCLUDE us (me). By simple deduction you have excluded 5 BILLION people. You will never get the love you wish upon yourself by continuing this path. You will only experience alienation and hatred. There will always be a spot in your heart that is void of the love that you (and all of us) deserve.

Peter said...

Until the philosophy which hold one race superior
And another
Inferior
Is finally
And permanently
Discredited
And abandoned -
Everywhere is war

Peter said...

Hey Pete {Laughing}

Where do I start? I'm going to attempt to respond to all three of your comments here, at the same time. OK maybe not. {Laughing}

"There are so many contradictions and un-truths in your most recent comment I won't waste any more time with this."

OK. I read it again, I find none. By your comments here, I would take it that you do not believe in the Word of God, AKA Bible. That's fine, that's your choice. I chose to accept it. History has proven a lot of it as true. There is not a whole lot of Historians that will even argue if Jesus was real or not. He was. So was the Kings, and of course all the Races, and events. The arguments have shifted from if, to what, why. So since you do not accept the Bible, it would be pointless to even discuss it.

Believing a FACT, or rejecting a FACT does not CHANGE the FACT. The Law of Gravity is real. FACT. You can accept that, in which case you are correct. Or you can reject it, in which case you will be proven wrong. It doesn't change the FACT. We both step off a high place, we will both fall, regardless of our belief.

Next? Bush DID Keep America Safe. 9ATTACKS during Clinton. As I laid out MANY attacks all the way back to 1700s, then 911. NO MORE ATTACKS. Now Obama? Two in less than a year. FACTS.

As for the rest of your comments on Salvation and Faith. I do not exclude ANYONE. All have the ability to seek and find the Truth. Can you be a Jew and be saved? Yup. Can you be a Muslim and be saved? Yup. Can you have no affiliation or Organized Religion and be saved? Yup. Can you rejected God and HIS plan, and be saved? NOPE. It really IS that simple. God condemns no one. I exclude no one. YOU are the owner of your own destiny. Free Will and all that.

I can tell my Son Joshua, "Do not touch that stove, or you will get burned." That is a FACT. {If the stove is on of course} If he CHOOSES to touch it, he gets burned. Did I burn him? No. Did I WANT him to get burned? No. I told him the truth, he chose to go against the truth and received the outcome I warned him about. Free Will.

I love people like you Pete. I really do. You accuse me of being closed minded and spreading hate, when it is people like you that can not accept the possibility that YOU are wrong, or that can accept anyone that does not believe as you. Liberals always say the Faithful, meaning mostly Christians, are nothing more than ignorant boobs, that are bitter and cling to their Bibles and Guns, hate anyone that does not look like them, and reject all that do not believe as they, are DOING the exact same thing that they are accusing Christians, and or, Conservatives of doing. Think about that.

As for this.

Until the philosophy which hold one race superior
And another
Inferior
Is finally
And permanently
Discredited
And abandoned -
Everywhere is war

I agree. Although that would go against Human Nature itself, and I do not believe that to be possible.
Peter

Peter said...

Dude. What is wrong with you? Ever hear of the shoe bomber? Failed terrorist attack stopped by no one (divine intervention?) on the Bush/Cheney watch. Ever hear of anthrax? A terrorist attack carried out successfully killing FIVE people. On the Bush/Cheney watch.

And SAVED? Saved from what? You believe (and accept) a story that is not a fact (of course I know Jesus actually lived, etc). You can accept it but acceptance does not make it a FACT.

"...people like you that can not accept the possibility that YOU are wrong, or that can accept anyone that does not believe as you."

Of course I could be wrong. I don't know squat. I am sure of one thing, tho. No one has the answer. I am also sure that you believe the only way to salvation is thru God. And one request of this god is that you, as a believer recruit non-believers. The goal being every soul on earth to be given to Jesus. You write: "...and reject all that do not believe as they", speaking of my views. But by following the word of God in trying to "convert" non-believers shows you cannot accept others.
It seems relatively simple. You don't believe what I believe so you can't go where I go.
This, once again, just goes back to exclusion which leads to resentment which breeds hatred.

Once again, believe whatever you want to believe, but don't pass it off as fact. It's not a truth that Jusus was born of a virgin. It's a belief. It's not a fact that non-believers won't get into heaven. It's a belief. Armageddon is a belief, not a reality (altho if the coal and oil industries had their way I could see the end of time as a fact).

I love ALL. Even Christians. Even those who wish me harm. It's my heart that loves, not my brain.

Peter said...

Hey Pete,

Like I said, I find that it is pointless to debate God or the Bible with you. You seem to, I could be wrong, NOT believe.

that's your choice. I have never said to you that you HAVE to believe as I. That is between you and whatever or whatever not, god, god you chose to believe in. You asked about Jews being God's Chosen people. I explained why. Just because you chose not to accept the answer, doesn't make it wrong. Just because the Jews ARE, doesn't EXCLUDE anyone.

Your statement here is what made me realize it is pointless to debate God and Faith any further with you. You said, "I am also sure that you believe the only way to salvation is thru God." Uh, YEAH. No one can come into MY home, without them KNOWING me. It's MY HOME. They can not enter without permission from ME, or if I give them the KEY. The home would not even be here if it were not for ME. Of course you can not enter Heaven without God.

I do understand why some chose not to believe. No God, no devil. No Heaven, No hell. No good, no evil. No consequence for one's actions. Some are to arrogant to believe. {Not saying you} Some just can not wrap there mind around the fact that there is something greater than they. Whatever reason, you believe as you do. I will believe as I.

I'm out of time right now, so as for your other comments in other post, I'll be back {Smile}

Have a great day Pete. Talk to you soon.
Peter

Peter said...

This one's really old, I know. Just didn't read some of these before.

Uh, YEAH. No one can come into MY home, without them KNOWING me. It's MY HOME. They can not enter without permission from ME, or if I give them the KEY. The home would not even be here if it were not for ME. Of course you can not enter Heaven without God.

Stark contrasts. I would allow anyone to enter my house, brother. If you need a place to stay, I've got a place for you. The home would almost definitely be here without me. I just wouldn't be in charge. Someone else would be. As far as keys, MY DOOR IS NEVER LOCKED. EVER. Come on in. Turn the radio on, grab a beer, chill out.