Sunday, November 09, 2008

Family Update and Preview for Sunday 110908

Coming Right Up

Hey folks,

Welcome to the Big Sunday Edition of the OPNTalk Blog. I will admit, it is considerably shorter than it was going to be. I seriously cut out quite a bit. I threw out two articles that I printed out to use, and I hit the Delete button on one that I was about to formulate into the Blog. All of them about Obama. President Elect Obama. OK, one I will be using Tomorrow. We now know where he stands on Prop 8.

But that is tomorrow. Coming right up today?

Congratulations President Elect Obama
What Does API Think Of President Obama?
Atheists Attempting To Convert
IWA For Sunday 110908

I really feel I had to, not only write it, but actually mean it. Obama IS the President Elect, therefore we MUST give him a chance to prove me wrong. But as you can see, it shortened the Blog today. {Smile}

OK. Family Update. To all of you that continue to ask my Mother's status, she is on the road to recovery now. FINALLY. Her Operation was this past Friday, where they went in a put staples into her foot. I guess that the Doctor had a choice between putting rods, or staples in to mend her five breaks. Rods he would have to then go BACK in and take out after. Staples will be in forever.

After a check on her bone density and her ability to HAVE the operation, the Doctors determined that she COULD have the staples. So the operation commenced and was completely in like 3 hours.

She is home now, still unable to get around by herself, but she should be able to start trying in a few days. She goes back on Tuesday for a check up.

Her arm is healing nicely.

All in all, she is in good spirits and Josh is helping to keep her that way. Hopefully in under two months, things may get back to normal. I even showed her something that one of you sent me wishing her well. She was REALLY touched by that. THANK YOU! My neighbor also found out what was happening and he and his Wife decided to stop by her house and bring her dinner one night.

I really am VERY THANKFUL to all of you out there that cares and is keeping her in your Prayers and thoughts. All the well wishes are appreciated.

Be right back.
Peter

No comments: