Saturday, April 29, 2006

Truly Doing Something, or Appearances?

Hey folks,

Here is an interesting story. A slice of real life and sign of the times. But I have some MAJOR questions about this one. I’m currently attempting to get the gentleman to tell his story with us directly. If I get to contact him, and he agrees, I will post the interview with him here. But here is the story.

I was listening to the “Love Doctors” on WZZR 94.3 on Thursday. This guy calls in and tells his story. He says he is a General Contractor that was just raided and arrested. His house, cars, and work vehicles were seized, fined $300,000.00, and is facing five to ten years. His crime? He hire illegal immigrants.

He stated that he KNEW he was doing the wrong thing. He said, “I rolled the dice and lost.” He had six illegals working for him. He was fined $50,000.00 a head. Since he did not have the money readily available, they sized his property. Personal and business.

Now he was not complaining. He was warning other contractors out there that they should think twice. I have a hard time feeling sorry for this gentleman, and he is not looking for sympathy. I do feel the penalty is a little excessive. But as he said, he knew he was doing the wrong thing, he got caught, and now he is going to pay.

Here is one of MANY questions I have about this. What about the Orange Groves here is Florida? What about the other area’s where “Americans couldn’t or wouldn’t” do the jobs? Why the little guy? OH yeah, silly me, I forgot, it’s an election year. They have to APPEAR to being doing something. So they will nail this Contractor to the wall.

It’s this simple, what happens if this Contractor goes out of business or to jail? The person who’s house he was working on will have to find someone else to finish. A set back for the homeowner,,wait,,maybe not. You know now that I think about it, the homeowner may even get help from the government because of this. Hmmm..

Why not the Orange Groves? Because that would cost the state of Florida millions. Same thing anywhere else. Most average Joe Americans are fed up with this whole situation. Both sides have to appear to be doing something about it. So they go after someone, no dis-respect intended here, who really means nothing in the big picture. It is an appearance thing. That’s it.

If the Government was truly serious about this, they would do more about closing the boarders. They would NOT be passing proposals to REWARD the criminals.

Like I said, I would love for this gentleman to tell us his story, and answer some curiosity questions. He did not give out his number when he called in. I KNOW Jason has it on caller ID but with out him giving Clear Channel, “The Love Doctors”, or WZZR, permission, they cannot give it out to anyone. But it still maybe possible. I just TRULY find this story interesting. I’ll update with any NEW information.
Peter

No comments: