Sunday, April 30, 2006

It’s Sunday, Time For The IWA (Idiot of the Week Award}

Hey folks,

The IWA goes to,,,,The manager, CEO, or whatever, of Alarm One Inc. Why? Because of the stupidity that costed them $1.7 million dollars.

You know, in today’s society, if a male walks into a room where there is female co-works and says”Hey guys, what’s up?” he can be fined for sexual harassment. I’ll never forget being told by a lawyer friend, that the difference between flirting and sexual harassment, is if the person likes you, it’s flirting, if they don’t then it’s sexual harassment.

Well it seems that Alarm One Inc had a policy where if you were late for a meeting, you got SPANKED. Literally.

The employee Janet Orlando, 53, said she was embarrassed, permanently scarred and mentally anguished by the spanking for being late for a sales meeting. The jury agreed BIG time with her. The jury initially awarded her $500,000 in compensatory damages for lost wages, emotional distress and medical expenses. After further deliberation, the jury added another $1.2 million in punitive damages.

Lawyers are quoted as saying this will make it a safer work environment nationwide. Uh, when was the last time you were spanked at work? Apparently this was an on going practice for Alarm One Inc. Two other people sued as well but settled out of court. Bet they are kicking themselves.

Congratulations to the Fresno office, of Alarm One Inc. You are this weeks winner.
Peter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lmao

Anonymous said...

I remember the caller you're talking about ....talk about bad luck!!!! Interesting story if it's true. Remember, only 40% of the 60% of what you hear is true! But there isn't any caller id at the station (in their studio anyway) I do know this for a fact as I'm in there (the Love Docs studio) about 2-3 times a week.

A Loyal Listener & sometimes phone answerer

Peter said...

WOW, you are going through the Archives uh? Took me about five minutes to find where you posted. My comment checker told me you posted, by forgot to tell me where {Smile}

Welcome to the OPNTalk.

Yeah, from what I know of this case, it WAS One Hundred percent true. But I'm with you. I believe little if anything I hear, unless I can verify it for myself. Or the one saying it have the FACTS to back up what they are saying.

I thought it was bad having to sing when you are late. {Smile}
Peter