Friday, March 26, 2010

An Extended Leave of Absence

OPNTalk going off line.

Hey folks,

It is with mixed emotions I post this, this morning. This will be the last post for a while. I wanted to take time out to thank each and every one of you that have been with me from the beginning, and to all my new friends, thank you.

I've been Online since 97. From the early days at the Times Herold Record in NY, to EThepeople, all the various DBs and PBs. To the OPNTalk Blog itself, I have had the time of my life. I have made friendships that will last a lifetime. I have lost some very DEAR Friends. I have debated with the best of them, spoke with people from all over the world. I have both learned and taught quite a bit.

As you know, I do not make money from the OPNTalk Blog. For me, it is SHEAR entertainment. For you, it infotainment. {Smile} I have really enjoyed the years we shared together. What you may NOT know, is that this all takes time. About one to two hours a day for the daily article. Scanning countless News outlets, research, finding pictures, and formulating it to post here, for you to take 5 minutes to read it. The Big Sunday Edition? Anywhere from 5 to 8 hours.

This is all time away from my family, and other things I need to take care of. Now, due to my recent health Issues, and the fact that I have been getting sick about twice a month, I need to rethink my priorities.

I have been spending a lot of time with my Boy, and my family lately. Hence, I haven't been here that much. Some of you have caught on that there was something up. Between my absence, and the fact that some of the posts have not been up to the usual standard of excellence that you have come to expect, some of you have started asking me privately if all was OK. Truth? No. Not really.

I'm not quite ready to shut it down all together yet. I do have every intention of returning sometime in the future. I have no idea, nor will I give a date as to when that may be. Rest assured though, I will stay in touch via the Emails opntalk@gmail.com, and will stay in contact on Facebook - Peter Carlock. If I do come to the conclusion that the time has come to walk away all together, I will post a final Farewell. Right now, I need to step back and rethink some things. Time will tell if I continue, or not.

Again, I do thank you all for being there. I DO thank you very much for your thoughts and prayers. Never say never. I may be back sooner than even I think. It's in my blood. I do wish you all well. Be well, be blessed, and Peace be to you all.

Sincerely,
Peter

2 comments:

D.S.Harford said...

Take care of yourself; please.

paulakiger said...

I wish I could think of a great quote to put in this comment box but I'll just go with a personal sentiment -- you're doing the right thing. Your health and time with your youngster won't wait; crazy news and differing opinions will always be out there. Trust me, if you want to get right back on this horse in a few months or years there'll still be something to write about and have an opinion about!! I'm awfully glad our paths crossed, even though it's only been in cyber-land. Take care of yourself.