Sunday, February 03, 2008

Mrs. Bush Speaks, Romney Wins Again

Hey folks,

Well, Saturday was an interesting news day. First the weekly Presidential Radio address was taken over by Laura Bush. She was talking about Heart Health. I know these are things that I really need to work on myself. I smoke. My Dad, Uncle, and Grandmother all died from Heart Problems and Cancer. My Mother has heart problems now. My Grandfather had Parkinson Disease. We are not what you would call a healthy bunch. Add to all that, I have a tendency to get stress out from time to time. That's not good either.

But it seems that Mrs. Bush was mostly directed to women. That is great. I know for a fact that most of the women I know, really do not think about their Heart Health. They really do think it is mostly men. I get lectures all the time from some of my female friends. Cut out some of the coffee, stop smoking, ETC. But they really never think of their hearts. I really appreciated the First Lady's message.

Other big news was Romney. Yup, like I told you, he is far from out. Regardless what some in the Mass Media want you to think. Get this from the AP- Romney wins Maine caucuses By GLENN ADAMS, Associated Press Writer2 hours, 43 minutes ago

Mitt Romney coasted to a win in presidential preference voting by Maine Republicans on Saturday, claiming his third victory in a caucus state and fourth overall.

The former Massachusetts governor had 52 percent of the vote with 68 percent of the towns holding caucuses reporting. John McCain trailed with 21 percent, Ron Paul was third with 19 percent, and Mike Huckabee had 6 percent. Undecided votes accounted for 2 percent.

The nonbinding votes, the first step toward electing 18 Maine delegates to the Republican National Convention, took place in public schools, Grange halls, fire stations and town halls across the state.

The Associated Press uses presidential preferences expressed in those caucuses to project the number of national convention delegates each candidate will have when they are chosen at Maine's state convention, calculating that Romney will wind up with all 18 delegates when all is said and done.

Campaigning in Minnesota, Romney noted that his victory in Maine came despite McCain's endorsement by the state's two U.S. senators.

"The people of Maine joined those from across the nation in casting their vote for conservative change in Washington ... Like many Americans, the people of Maine are tired of Washington promises made but broken," Romney said in a statement.

He has vowed to fight on past Super Tuesday if needed. Not good news for all the Lib.s and Dem.s out there that are pulling for McCain.
Peter

No comments: