Sunday, November 18, 2007

Behind The OPNTalk Screen 111807

Hey folks,

Welcome to another addition of the Behind The OPNTalk Screen. An opportunity for us to just spend some time together to talk about the behind the scenes things here at the OPNTalk Blog. Talking about new things coming. Things that didn’t work out, going. An opportunity to answer some of your questions that I have gotten in various ways. ETC.

First up, I have been told that I forgot to let you know I HAVE updated the photo bucket. Well, Josh’s photo bucket. For those interested, check out the newest pictures HERE. These were taken at the VNA / Stuart Air Show this past Weekend.

Talking about pictures. My “Comment Checker” is tired of being up at the OPNTalk Photo bucket. So she has decided to start FORCING me to update that as well. I’ll let you know when that one is updated. Maybe I’ll give her the job of taking them. {Smile}

The original concept of the OPNTalk Photo bucket was to share with you some of the things I do when I’m not here, paying bills, or doing something that is not appropriate for pictures. But I wanted to share some things, like the Summit Dinner Parties, traveling I do from time to time, some of the people I meet, ETC. I, uh, fell down on the job with that. I haven’t posted any in a while, so I’ll work on that.

Now to answer some of YOUR questions I have received in various ways. Remember, you can ALWAYS send me ANY kind of question you want at opntalk@netscape.net IM me, when I’m on, or for those few that know the number, call. I also have to say this. I do not share ANY private stuff, EVER, unless I have permission by the sender to do so. A lot of you ARE sending me stuff now every day, THANK YOU. I love some of the stuff I get. I love the articles, and, well, some of the other stuff, and I ALWAYS love the questions.

As a matter of fact, I am going to try a new segment. Most likely Fridays. It will be all YOU. I will post articles and comment, or not, depending on the article, that YOU send me. I’m getting so many now, and almost always want to share them. So if YOU want to see something here, or want my opinion on a certain article or subject, send them to me. You never know what you will see here. Why not something YOU want to see? I will start the new segment {From The Emails} THIS Friday. Let me know what you think.

OK, time for the Q and A.

Q -“Do you EVER check your Emails?”

{Laughing} Yes and no. I try to every day. At least the OPNTalk Email. For those of you that are still emailing me at pcarlock2000@yahoo.com I do check that one, uh, every couple of days or so. Sometimes, with all the spam I get in that one, I miss something from time to time. If you want a faster response, please use the OPNTalk one. I’m working on that too.

Q- “Are you associated with any major news outlets. You seem to like the AP. Just wondering.”

No. I’m not associated with any news outlets. Yes, I do like the AP. They usually have the news before anyone else. Every time you read articles in local outlets, check out the source. A lot of times you will see that it is ACTUALLY an AP piece.

Would I ever consider working for a major new outlet? Becoming a columnist? Or something like that? Uh, let’s see, getting paid to do what I love to do, WITHOUT a doubt. But right now, no. I do not.

Q- “Who is your favorite Radio Host? Rush or Sean Hannity?”

Well, I like a lot of them. Rush is of course the number one guy. But I like Sean. I like Mark Levine, Michel Savage, among many others. When I DO get the chance to listen during the day, I usually try to catch Rush and Sean. But I guess I really do not have a favorite.

The Million dollar question this time around?

Q- “Do you really think it’s wise to share as much as you do about your personal life. You know what I mean? Like with your son. Do you ever fear that someone might be tempted to do something to him, or you through him? You have got to have some that do not like you.”

Of course I do. But they LOVE to hate me {Smile} Seriously. I have no fear. I’m not joking. I really have a way of looking at life, death, and things inbetween that would be hard for some to get. Or accept. I LOVE sharing some of my personal life with you. I love posting Pictures of Joshua. If you check out the site, you will see that there are pictures of him all the way from birth, day one, all the way up to last Saturday. I have no problem with someone not caring for me. I really have no fear that anything will happen. But like I said Friday, if someone did TRY something like that, they may not live through it. My faith and beliefs in all things happening for a reason, time for everything, and life itself, protects me from unreasonable fears.

That’s it. Now to the REAL stuff. Be right back.
Peter

No comments: