Sunday, June 04, 2006

October 5th , 2006


Hey folks,

First, I apologize for not being here yesterday and most of today. As one of my old familiar sayings goes, life interrupts. But I’m here now, and of course, will be tomorrow for the lighter side of the OPN.

There are a lot of people saying that the world will end on 06/06/06. But if we make it past this ominous date, I’m looking forward to October 5th, 2006. This is a date that I found in a website that a friend of mine turn me on to today. I’ll post the link in a few minutes for you to check out for yourselves. Being true OPNers, you know how to discern the truth from political rhetoric and out right lies.

It seems that this website posts the same old, same old, standard anti-war and Bushwhackers’s rhetoric. You know, illegal war, lies, condoning torture, running the country under Christianity, blah, blah, blah. As I told my friend Marc, I’m use to hearing this same old, same old, garbage. I do take exception to one though. The latest one.

Take a look at the front page of the papers just last Thursday: the crumpled, faceless bodies of civilian men, women, and children methodically massacred in their homes in Haditha, Iraq. Note how this was covered up, repeatedly, at many levels of the military. Recall Abu-Ghraib. Recall Bagram. And ask yourself the cost to humanity every single day this war continues.

First, noone knows the facts in this case. For you, them, or anyone else to find the troops involved in this case guilty unless they are proven innocent, are too ignorant to understand how the legal system works. If these troops are PROVEN guilty, they should and will be held accountable. If they are innocent, then you, them, and anyone else that have spewed this rhetoric, calling them murderers, calling this a massacre, or anything else, for the sole purpose of political gain, owe them MORE than an apology.

Until ALL the facts come out and the troops are found guilty, this is just more anti-war, anti Bush rhetoric crap. The troops and their families deserve the benefit of the doubt. You think you could walk a foot in their shoes? Not knowing if the little kid walking up to you is going to blow you apart? Would you be able to make a judgement in a split second? If you or any other Liberal feel you can make better in the field decisions, be my guest, go to the field.

Why is October 5th so important? According to the website this is the day that they will Change the course of history. This regime does not represent us and we will drive it out! How? By taking the day off or work and school and gathering together to protest. If you want to read their whole plan, go to Worldcantwait

Does this sound familiar? I don’t know, I seem to remember another radical group skipping work and school and protesting. By the way, when was the last time you heard anything about them? Sorry, but I really do not think that this will amount to much of anything either. Should be interesting to watch though.

Also interesting that they CONTINUE to prove my points on this. Instead of trying to get elected by the people to make the changes they NEED to make, being so absolutely and completely BLIND from their hatred of President Bush and this administration, they choose to STILL try to get him and them out. {sigh}

Thank you Marc for turning me on to this site. I encourage you all to go check this site out. Some of you for a laugh, some of you for inspiration, and those that are looking for an excuse to take a day off of work and school.
Peter

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too agree that we need to wait and see if what is being presented or just another example of overblown rhetoric in the continuing battle by democrats to regain the White house.

If these soldiers are found guilty then they should suffer the consequences not before then.

Peter said...

Hey Sam,

Welcome to the OPN.

This is EXACTLY what I mean when I say those calling our troops murderers, saying they killed innocent people in cold blood, without all the facts in, are idiots. This is CLEARLY politics at the cost of these troops and their families reputation and in some cases maybe even health.

Let's get all the information and facts FIRST, then decide.
Peter

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»