Saturday, June 17, 2006

Aiding?

Hey folks,

Happy Saturday to all. I could talk today about a number of things. But it’s the weekend and that means the lighter side of the OPN. Mostly Sunday I know, but I have an honest question. Do these farmers get charged with Aiding? I can see at least one of them getting sued by the ACLU, but are they to be praised or arrested? I guess that depends on who you talk to.

I also love the way some are reporting this. Like the AP. But we do not need to look for anything coming from congress any time soon. As I told you before hand..

Seems that in Texas, there are some farmers that are tired of fixing their fences. Why do they need to? Because the illegals are cutting holes in them to come into the country. Oh? So not only are some coming here illegally, but now we find out that they are destroying privet property? This is called Criminal Mischief. I suppose you can also say they are breaking and entering. But then again, some want to absolve them from identity theft and everything else, so what’s a little B and E.

Well some farmers, like Scott Pattinson, who owns one of a group of ranches known as La Copa, is so tired of fixing his fences, that he has come up with a solution. He put ladders up for them to use. He said,

"It's an attempt to get them to use the ladders instead of tearing the fences,"

He is not alone. Paul Johnson protects his 2,700-acre ranch with about 10 miles of high wire fence, and joined his neighbors in placing ladders along the way. Not all of the illegals trust this though, and still go through his fence. He said,

"They're afraid that they're monitored by the Border Patrol."

At least Johnson is coming to his senses though, after the story is breaking,

"I think what it does is give a signal that we are wanting them to cross there, don't mind the crossing, and that kind of magnifies the problem,"

You think Mr. Johnson? Not to mention, you and Mr. Pattinson ARE aiding these people to break the law. There are some that have solved the property damage a little differently, WITHOUT helping them across. You have to love this guy. Mr. Michael Vickers never liked the ladder idea and instead has electrified his fence with 220 volts of electricity.

I know, I know, this is a law suit waiting to happen. The ACLU will show up at HIS ranch if an Illegal get’s hurt and it can be documented. The LWL will be protesting Mr. Vickers’s ranch saying he has no right to protect his property. Although not saying those exact words of course.

Then you have the Mass Media Drones. They paint you this vivid picture of these poor immigrates, and use this to continue on this "poor them" theme. Here is just one example. From the AP today,

Some immigrants walk for hours or days to skirt the checkpoints in temperatures hovering around 100 degrees. Their feet have worn visible paths through a forest of cactus and mesquite otherwise thick enough to conceal them from Border Patrol helicopters overhead and agents only a few hundred yards away.

Yes poor them. They CHOSE to do this folks. They chose to sneak in and all that goes with it. Hey, why not? We have a President that wants to give them amnesty. Call it what you will. All they have to do is get here, and we’ll take it from there..

Oh no Peter, you cannot say that. They have to have been here for 5 years, bla, bla, bla,. If they can create, or better yet receive, false documentation, is it really hard to believe that they will be able to "prove" they have been here?

Anyway, if we are going after the employers for hiring illegals, then should we also not be going after those that AID them getting here in the first place?
Peter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly feel that this president for some reason wants to grant amnesty once again. His program can be called what ever he wants but the bottom line is that the end result is still amnesty.

I would not be surprised if down the road the president suddenly announces that because of difficulties that the government will once again just give blanket amnesty.

Right now we see stepped up efforts to gather up illegal’s, primarily criminals but in the long run I feel the president will grant amnesty to all others.

Face it placing such a small amount of soldiers on the border is a visage and not a true effort to abridge the tide of illegal’s because of this date I think that there are only 1000 soldiers in place instead of the 6000 promised which in my opinion was way short of what was needed.

You can have all the electronics all you want along with the doodads but if the border patrol is the only ones allowed to apprehend them it is just a matter of logistics Our soldiers are not even armed from what I hear and if a drug group or others want to storm the border then our guys would be in harms way and I can guarantee that our politicians will either minimize the events or try to cover them up.

I watch Washington Journal on C-span daily and it never stops amusing me when a caller will call in and ask a government spokesperson about his department and that person seems to be out of touch with reality as to the true facts. It reminds me of that official in President Reagan’s cabinet when they decided that ketchup was a vegetable this official said that people went to soup kitchens because they were to lazy to cook. Now at this time I believe this official was making$90,000 a year and I would gather that he really did not have a lot experience with reality.

Peter said...

Hey Sam,

I just saw your comments, but I'm out of time right now. I'll try to respond later to this and your other comments. Happy Monday to you.
Peter

Peter said...

Hey Sam,

Your getting to be quite the regular here at the OPN. Thank you. Every time you post a comment here, I feel you are right on target, and have a pretty good knowledge of politics. I welcome you here anytime, if you agree or disagree, please feel free.

“I honestly feel that this president for some reason wants to grant amnesty once again. His program can be called what ever he wants but the bottom line is that the end result is still amnesty.”

Yes. It is. Like you I’m not exactly sure what is behind this either. I really do not like it and feel this cannot happen. All this is, is pardoning criminals.

“I would not be surprised if down the road the president suddenly announces that because of difficulties that the government will once again just give blanket amnesty.”

This would most definitely be a nail in the Right’s coffin. I think he knows that. Or at least those around him know that. I do not think that he will go that route. There are too many other things that he needs to worry about. Like I said before, this has been put on the back burner. It is almost like the protests, the debates, and everything else never happened.

“Face it placing such a small amount of soldiers on the border is a visage and not a true effort to abridge the tide of illegal’s because of this date I think that there are only 1000 soldiers in place instead of the 6000 promised which in my opinion was way short of what was needed”

You already answered your own question, he doesn’t want to enforce it.


“I watch Washington Journal on C-span daily and it never stops amusing me when a caller will call in and ask a government spokesperson about his department and that person seems to be out of touch with reality as to the true facts. It reminds me of that official in President Reagan’s cabinet when they decided that ketchup was a vegetable this official said that people went to soup kitchens because they were to lazy to cook. Now at this time I believe this official was making$90,000 a year and I would gather that he really did not have a lot experience with reality.”

LOL I needed that Sam. Your right. I do remember that. It is so very sad that it seems most politicians come from money. They were born into it. This make them out of touch with the average joe to begin with. Then add in that they are following the party lines and philosophy which is even more out there. There is a major dis-connect with most and us. From Pat Robertson, to Kennedy, the far out fridges are truly amazing. Sometimes they can be fun to watch though.
Peter