Thursday, June 15, 2006

No Time Table,

Hey folks,

"I have to just say it. I do not think it is a smart strategy either for the president to continue with his open-ended commitment, which I think does not put enough pressure on the new Iraqi government, nor do I think it is smart strategy to set a date certain. I do not agree that, that is in the best interest of our troops or our country." Senator Hillary Clinton at the "Take Back America" conference at the Washington Hilton.

As you may have guessed, the LWL and Liberals in general HATED this. A loud roar of boo’s rang out. She, Senator Clinton, was the target of protesters, who chanted "Bring the troops home" and "Stop the war." Welcome to the Dark side Senator Clinton.

So what was this all about. Has she lost her mind? Has she found it? Has she came over to the Right side? What is going on with her? More and more religion. NOW all for alternative fuels. Then you have this? Her not only agreeing with President Bush, but siding with him?

This is a simple answer, but true. It’s an election year and she is dreaming of a White House. She knows what I’ve been saying for years is true. There is not enough LWLs or even RWRs, you know, extremists on either side to win any election. She cannot win just pandering to the far Left. So she is trying to change her image. A more religious, friendly, compassionate Hillary.

Here is the problem though. One that as hard as she tries, she really cannot over come. It’s not true. Her past history, her own words, her votes, tells you this is not the truth. Most average Americans know that EVERY politician tells you what they think you want to hear. Then if they DO get elected they either,

A- Forget
B- Apologize and tell you why it cannot be done.
C, Blame someone else. "I told you what I wanted to do. But the problem is the House, Senate, will not allow it to happen. It’s not my fault. I still believe, as you do, that this is a good thing, but they are preventing it from happening."

The difference in all other politicians and Hillary is, she is coming into the game with to much baggage. President Clinton, for those with short term memory problems, that would be Bill, her husband, did far more harm than good for those on the Left. When most are asked, what positives did President Clinton do for the country, you are met with moments of pause and contemplation. But if you asked simply, "What did President Clinton do while in office?" they will say things like, tying up airports for haircuts, have affairs, allow terrorist to attack us and do nothing, oh yeah, he got impeached for lying under oath. Look at it this way, why do you think the Right started taking over the House and Senate in 94. And why do you think the Left started losing elections after that?

The Left is banking on this same concept. If enough people dislike the President, they will win the House and Senate, then in turn the White House in 08. But it is NOT working folks.

Hillary is facing an up hill battle just in her own party. Some in her party KNOWS that she is bad for them. They do not want her to run. They want and are betting on Al Gore, even though he said no. Let’s face it, he is making more money now then ever, and more money then he ever would as President. He has a sweet deal. He doesn’t want the ride to end. {And he knows he will not win}

Hillary presses on with her "Everything to everybody" game plan, trying hard to be a chamaeleon. But the whole Clinteleon thing is not working. She is not blending in, looking like what we are all looking for, she is too transparent. Too obvious and seems too be oblivious to this fact.

Make all the excuses you want, being booed by your base party, is NEVER and good thing.
Peter

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sir are too far out of reality to even try to reason with. I have read many of your posts here and have found you to be ( based on your statements) a closed minded man.
Maybe that is why few comment to you. I stumbled on this blog while reading the newstimes forum and I can assure you I will not be back. I see no point in starting a debate with a man who uses terms such as left wing loonies. As soon as that term is used you have lost this reader. You seem to have many ideas on what the dems should do and how they have no chance of winning. Why not implement those thoughts and get out and do something to make things better rather than critizing those who are doing just that?
Ron D

Peter said...

Hey Ron,

Welcome to the OPN, or should I say goodbye.

“You sir are too far out of reality to even try to reason with.”
Sorry you feel that way. I assure you, it is the extremes on both sides that are too far out of reality. The Left Wing Looneys and the Right Wing Radicals.

“I have read many of your posts here and have found you to be ( based on your statements) a closed minded man.”

Thank you and you do not know me as well as you think you do.

“Maybe that is why few comment to you.”

Few comment on most blogs. I have gotten overwhelmingly positive responses in other ways. Truth is though Ron, I’m happy when people read what I wrote, but I would most likely write even if noone did.

“I can assure you I will not be back.”

Well then I guess you will not be reading this. But you can always pretend not to have seen it therefore you do not have to respond, since you “will not be back”. It seems you do not like the term Left Wing Looneys. The truth is there are some. I’m not referring to ALL those on the left as looneys, just those that are. I have very good friends that are Democrats and even a couple Liberals. Not all are nuts. A lot are, but not all. Same thing goes with the Right Wing Radicles. Not all are Radicle, or just plain nuts, A lot are, but not all.

I have no interest in running for office. I do know politics enough, and do understand what most average Americans are seeking, I do not have the will to do so, this is why I TRY to help the Left. I cannot help but wonder Ron, What exactly do you think I’m “too far out of reality” with? What is it that really upset you? I do not feel that it is simply the phrase LWL, but I guess I could be wrong. In any rate, welcome or goodbye.
Peter

Anonymous said...

Who seems to be out of touch is Anonymous and his or her irrational view of life

Peter said...

Hey Sam,

Welcome, I just saw your other comments I will respond to in a bit.

"Anonymous" signed Ron D. I wonder if he will answer the question. Though, he did say, "I will not be back" So we may never know what upset him.
Peter